Kirk’s reasons for leaving the Obama administration are still undisclosed, but his plan to leave was communicated through an email statement. The 58-year-old rep. said that trade is a major part of the administrative efforts to support American jobs at home. He also added that the administration made great strides to negotiate with trading countries based on the fair trade agreements.
- Reign of Terror and Racism at University of Kentucky Medical School | Kulture Kritic (habariganiamerica.com)
- US Trade Representative Ron Kirk Quits (voanews.com)
- US Trade Rep. Ron Kirk to step down in February (thegrio.com)
- US Trade Rep. Kirk to step down in February (wfaa.com)
- U.S. Trade Rep Ron Kirk Leaving Obama’s Cabinet (pjmedia.com)
- U.S. trade rep Kirk set to exit (politico.com)
- Former Dallas Mayor Ron Kirk to resign as U.S. Trade Rep (khou.com)